Thursday, August 4, 2016

Welcome to Cole's English 10!

I am thrilled to have you be a part of my English 10 class this year! This will be a challenging and fun year! I am all in. I expect the same from my students! No matter what your experiences have been with reading... writing... school... know we all begin at different points! It is my job and pleasure to have all my students end near the same place in May!

This blog needs to be one of your best friends. I will post assignments... due dates... helpful websites... handouts... ALL HERE. Often you will hear me say, have you checked the blog. Most likely you can problem solve... stay organized... be successful if you check this site DAILY.

Therefore, your very first assignment for this school year is to REPLY to this post. Sign in with your school Google account.
This response must be posted by the end of the day (11:59 PM) on August 17th. Realize that I do not accept late work and posts are time-stamped.
In your post I would like you to reply to the following prompts:

1. First name and last initial
2. What superhero do you most identify with and why?
3. What is your favorite part of an English class?
4. What is your favorite aspect of your personality?
5. Change is _______  (fill in the blank).

With your responses, you need to keep in mind your audience (me). I would like for you to stay positive and thoughtful. This is your first building block for this course. Make it sturdy.


12 comments:

  1. 1. Jacob C.
    2. I identify with Batman because, I am just a regular person wanting to do the right thing.
    3. My favorite part of English class is, when we read books.
    4. I get along with other people well.
    5. Change is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Tre P.
    2. I identify with Frozone because, I am a normal person with style just like he is a superhero with style.
    3. My favorite part of English class is, group discussions and debates.
    4. I typically have a positive outlook on what I'm doing.
    5. Change is sometimes needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. 1. Haleigh D.
    2. I identify most with violet from the incredables
    3. my favorite part of English is the books we get to read
    4. My happiness I love trying to make people smile and make them happy
    5. change is something we want but don't always get

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Mac Chambers
    2. I identify with iron man because i love technology
    3. my favorite part of English is when we watch a movie based on the book.
    4.my randomness
    5.change is both good or bad depending on what the change is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1.Luke F.
    2.I identify most with Ant Man because i like getting into small spaces and love technology
    3.My favorite part of English is reading the older books or the classics
    4. I'm very energetic most of the time and immature and love to laugh
    5. Change is different and hard to coop with for most people but not me

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. Anna M.
    2. I honestly don't know what superhero I'd identify.
    3. My favorite part about English is reading the older books like Of Mice and Men
    4. I'm kinda quite around new people don't really like talking but once I get used to everything I can be mean and all that like bipolar moments.
    5. Change can be a huge thing and be hard for some people but with others it's not as hard to cope with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1.Joe H.
    2.I identify most with iron man because we have similar sense of humors
    3.My favorite part of English is class discussions over books
    4.I think I have very energetic and fun personality so many people enjoy talking to me
    5.Change is hard sometimes but it will happen a lot in life so you must learn to deal with it

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. Connor O.
    2. batman he is a regular
    3. books
    4. I don´t talk much
    5. change is good

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1.larenz N.
    2.batman he quiet
    3.reading
    4.i dont like to talk
    5.change is ok

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1.larenz N.
    2.batman he quiet
    3.reading
    4.i dont like to talk
    5.change is ok

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1 Sadie J
    2 Aquaman, because I love the ocean.
    3 I love reading!
    4 My opened-mindedness.
    5 Change is needed.

    ReplyDelete